slideshow

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

You’re Two Clicks from a Photo’s EXIF Data

When you take a photo with a digital camera, the camera embeds info directly into the file, including the make and model of camera, the exposure, shutter speed, and a host of other info (called eXiF data). That info is usually viewed within an application like Photoshop or iPhoto, but now you can view it right from the Finder.

Just click on the photo’s icon, then press Command-i to bring up the info dialog. When it appears, click on the right-facing triangle beside the words “More info” and the basic eXiF data will appear.

You’re Two Clicks from a Photo’s EXIF Data

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I have a MAC and I can use all the help I can get. Thank you for this great blog! The insider tips are priceless.

Allison Maslan
http://www.myblastoff.com

Penny Lockwood Ehrenkranz said...

Great information. I have so much to learn about my digital camera.

Janet Grace Riehl said...

I'm familiar with your excellent design work.

Beneath the surface of the results an artist and craftsperson creates, there is a substrata of technical information and experience.

You're a technobabe!

Cheers,

Janet Riehl

schalladams said...

It is always so wonderful to come across information you can really use on the web!! thanks for the tips - I'll be back to your blog.