slideshow

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Emailing Web Pages

If you run across a web page you want to share with a friend, don’t send her a link to it — send her the page itself. Just press Command-I and a dialog will appear, asking for the email address of the person you want to send this web page to. Just enter her email address, along with your text message, and click send, and it will send the contents of that page (complete with graphics, formatting, links, etc.) to your friend. She’ll be able to see that page right within her email application.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know that Jessica is a Mac user, so for those of us out here who are PC users, the same option is available from IE (Internet Explorer) by clicking on "file" from the menu at the top of the screen. From there, you have the option of sending a link or sending the page.

However, the page sent may come into a person's in-box as scrambled text and out of format--especially if the recipient has their email options set to block picture downloads or to deactivate links, or if they have selected to receive email as rich text rather than html. I'm not sure if Mac users have this problem or not, but when Jessica and sat next to one another (her laptop next to my PC) we definitely viewed the same page differently. This was true mainly in our email in-boxes so it has something to do with the host. She could send me a photo via email to my comcast account, which I pull into MS Outlook, and the photo would not show up as an attachment. Instead, I got a box in the body of the email that had a red "x" in it. When she sent it to my hotmail account, it appeared as a file attachment. Go figure. I'm sure there's an explanation, but for now, I'm glad I have more than one email address with different providers so I have alternative options to receive photos and Web pages.

Yvonne Perry
Author of RIGHT TO RECOVER Winning the Political and Religious Wars over Stem Cell Research in America www.right2recover.com