slideshow

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

See-Through Notes

One of my favorite Stickies features is the ability to make a sticky translucent. Just click on a sticky and press Command-Option-T (Translucent Window). Then you can see right through your sticky to the items behind it. This is really handy if you want to see items in Finder windows that would normally be covered by any open Stickies. To turn off the transparency (pardon me, translucency), just press the shortcut again when Stickies is active.


7 comments:

J. D. Vine Publications said...

Cool! That's something I didn't know about before.

Thanks for the info!

Jared
www.jdvine.com

Nikki Leigh said...

I have a stickies program, but I didn't think about making them translucent. Awesome idea - will have to check on that :)

Nikki Leigh
www.nikkileigh.com

Carolyn Howard-Johnson said...

This sticky thing sounds fantastic but I'm afraid I don't know enough about tech to figure out what we're talking about. Hope you continue this blog with some real basic stuff on these stickies. Where to find them, how we benefit.
Best,
Carolyn Howard-Johnson
www.howtodoitfrugally.com

Nikki said...

i learned something today. not only did i not know about transparent stickies, i didn't know about stickies at all. now i do!

Cheryl said...

I like the idea of transparent stickies. It serves as a good reminder while allowing you to still work.

Bastet said...

As a Mac user, I really appreciate this. What a great idea. Thanks for the tip.

Lynn Voedisch, author of "Excited Light"

www.xanga.com/bastetmax
(for Blog Train)

Anonymous said...

I almost wish I was back on my Mac. :)